See also: Sayings | Bad Things | Bad Code | Evil | Good Thing | Bad Guys
A Bad Thing is sometimes referred to as Wrong or Evil. A bad thing creates dissatisfaction, unhappiness and a cold internal discomfort. If something is bad it will put’s one strongly into feeling of uneasiness.
Converse to a Good Thing, the concept of a Bad Thing is something that is “fundamentally and obviously Wrong“:
- Premeditated murder is a Bad Thing.
- Most Spyware and Stealware
- The tools used by crackers or other Bad Guys such as: Malicious code | Worm | Trojan horse | Virus
Strong believers usually boycott a Bad Thing.
Often, the terms “Good Thing” and “Bad Thing” are abused to inject strong opinion into a discussion of a topic, especially Dangerous topics. This is most easily seen in negative opinion:
- Violence is a Bad Thing.
- Java is a Bad Thing.
- C# is a Bad Thing.
- Consumerism is a Bad Thing.
- CamelNotation is a Bad Thing.
- Shareware | Adware | Nagware | Crippleware
Note however that dogmatism and opinions without arguments is also a Bad Thing. Many wiki moderators require that those who make the above statements above provide grounds for their opinions or be considered noise and removed.
TakeDown.NET -> “Bad-Thing”