See also: Copyright, Copyright Term Reform
This page is for background material about how why copyright is as it is. The goal of
links to this page are to get people up to speed on how copyright works (or doesn’t work)currently so we can start planning how copyright should work.
- 1 History
- 2 Economics
- 3 Current Law
- Article explaining whys of copyright Note that some of the comments are very insightful.
- Copyright Economics Local editable version of the kuro5hin article.
- Economists brief for Eldred (PDF) Very good explanation of why long copyrights do not add much more benefit to the owners, and why retroactive extensions are a very bad idea.
- United States Copyright Office
- Title 17 Text 252 pages of copyright law.
- Berne Convention
- World Trade Organization TRIPS Page
- Universal Copyright Convention as Amended
- Copyright treaties by country
TakeDown.NET -> “Copyright-Background”