See also: Hackers
Acronym: ESR (for Eric S. Raymond)
(yes, he has his own acronym)
Eric maintains a number of Projects, of note:
- I think the Linux development project is an exciting model for what is possible in the way of decentralized cooperation on the Internet. I would like to help develop tools to assist in network-distributed software development, version control, and documentation support.
- Developing incentive structures for encouraging open source
- For a couple of years, I have been thinking about trying to set up a series of formal awards for achievement in open-source software, to recognize the people who make the Internet culture work. These (which I have tentatively named the Netbuilder Awards) would be awarded by a committee of prominent Internet hackers and funded by people who make money from open-source software.
- Promoting PGP and other technologies for digital privacy
- I have been a member of the cypherpunks list and will rejoin when I free up some time. I am very interested in technologies that promote individual freedom by making it difficult for governments and corporations to control or monitor network activity.
TakeDown.NET -> “Eric-Raymond”