See also: Firewall
This list is not exhaustive.
- FREESCO – A free replacement for commercial routers supporting up to 3 ethernet/arcnet/token ring/arlan network cards and up to 2 modems.
- Kerio – An excellent free personal firewall with built in effective application firewall that will alert you to virus activity/spyware etc. Free version extremely functional and will not time out. Highly recommended as of March, 2004 by an IT professional that has used ZoneAlarm and Sygate and BlackIce.
- ZoneAlarm – A very popular firewall produced by ZoneLabs. A free trial is available from their website.
- Tiny Personal Firewall – A powerful firewall program with a free trial, available from Tiny Software.
- Floppyfw | GNU Page – floppyfw is a router and simple firewall on one single floppy. It uses Linux basic firewall capabilities and has a very simple packaging system. It is perfect for masquerading and securing networks on ADSL and cable lines using both static IP, DHCP, and PPoE, and provides a simple installation, which usually involves editing of only one file on the floppy.
- ipfw (2.0 kernels)
- ipchains (2.2 kernels)
- IPTables (2.4 and 2.6 kernels)
TakeDown.NET -> “Firewalls”