See also: Sayings | E-Mail | Bad Guys
The act of posting or a post with hopelessly one-sided or especially harsh critisism.
- Most Dangerous topics inspire flames, also called flamebait.
- They often come from harsh, extreme, emotional postitions and are often disregarded due to being irrational and/or unconvincing. They are online annoyances similar to spam as they do not contribute to a discussion or democratic discourse and rarely convince anyone of anything. They are often done by “Trolls]].”
- Flames are prevented through moderation and/or good public relations.
- If not prevented, the resulting exchange, either through simple humor or reasoning of its endless nature is a Flame War.
Other flame types
- An excess of explatives in a normal message (fuck, shit, hell)
- The USE OF ALL-CAPS IN A RESPONSE is considered shouting and therefore often a flame.
TakeDown.NET -> “Flame”