A common UNIX-like server operating system used to serve nearly two million Web sites. It was also used as the core of Mac OS X, with some slight modifications. These modifications are also free software, open sourced, and called Darwin.
From their homepage:
- FreeBSD is an advanced operating system for x86 compatible, DEC Alpha, and PC-98 architectures. It is derived from BSD UNIX, the version of UNIX developed at the University of California, Berkeley. It is developed and maintained by a large team of individuals. Additional platforms are in various stages of development.
- FreeBSDWiki.net — a FreeBSD-specific wiki
- Absolutebsd.com — a FreeBSD book
- http://www.instinct.org/~pgl/freebsd-links.html — a large FreeBSD links collection
- Freebsdzine.org — long defunct
- Unix tutorial — Unix tutorial. Linux and FreeBSD help
- BrettsBSD.net — up and coming
- Sergei’s FreeBSD Tips — Tips on several topics
- FreeBSD – Polish portal about BSD systems
TakeDown.NET -> “FreeBSD”