See also: Wealth Transference | Free | Gift Economy Data | Marcel Mauss
The Gift Economy can be described as free and open information exchange. The internet is a perfect example of a large and successful Gift Economy.
- Whuffie – A word made to embody the reason people do so much for free.
An Economy for Giving Everything Away by Andrius Kulikauskas and David Ellison-Bey pushes economic thinking to its practical conclusion.
Cyber-Begging and E-Panhandling
- Yahoo Directory: e-panhandling
- Craig and Jamie are Poor.com – Craig and Jamie are poor college kids in PA. Help them pay some bills.
- InNeedofBoobs.com – “Help a woman get the breasts of her dreams.”
- SaveKaryn.com – She raised $13,323.08 in donations to pay off her credit cards!
- Don’t Save Karyn.com – …if you give us money, in the true spirit of Karyn, we are going to waste it all on stupid stuff!
- GiveBoobs.com – “Help a girl fill out her sweater.”
- Milkman-Dan – Donations for this journalism student.
- The Society To Prevent My Unemployment
TakeDown.NET -> “Gift-economy”