See also: Desktop environment | Graphical user interface
Aka: K Desktop Environment
From the homepage:
- “KDE is a powerful open source graphical desktop environment for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use, contemporary functionality, and outstanding graphical design with the technological superiority of the Unix operating system. (more)”
Almost all KDE-specific applications start with K such as Konqueror web browser, KOffice, etc. This desktop is more popular in Europe (while GNOME is more popular in North America) and the default desktop in SuSE and Mandrake. Both are well-developed desktops for Linux. Recently, RedHat decided to create a hybrid of the two for its desktop in order to have a single supportable standard.
- KDE-Cygwin – Running KDE 2.x/3.x on Windows using Cygwin.
- KOffice – KDE Office.
- KMail – KDE Mail.
- Konqueror – KDE Web browser.
- Kopete – KDE IM.
- Kroupware – KDE Groupware.
- K3B – KDE CD-R/RW & DVD-R/RW software.
TakeDown.NET -> “KDE”