See also: Protocol | Database Software | Server | Standards
Acronym: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
The idea was to build a globally distributed system that would offer homogenous access to the information and act like universal general purpose directory.
The Directory was to be formed by a host of co-operating directory systems. This universal model for a global directory has not really taken off. However the LDAP protocol has some support.
- OpenLDAP – Open source LDAP software.
- TinyLDAP – Fast, small, pre-alpha, GPL read-only LDAP server optimized for embedded functionality and as a proof of concept of OpenLDAP’s bad performance. Depends on Dietlibc.
- eDirectory – Novells LDAP server for *nix and Windows.
- Freshmeat :: Search :: LDAP – Search for LDAP-related software such as directory management frontends.
- LDAP Guru News – News and forum.
TakeDown.NET -> “LDAP”