See also: Linux distributions
Includes lots of nice Desktop-friendly features such as quick and easy program installation, basic computer functions such as web tools, e-mail, compatable Instant Messenger systems, MP3 tools, games, Microsoft-compatible Office tools, multiple user accounts, automatic update, and Linux and Windows networking capabilities.
- More expensive than some other distributions.
- Running the OS entirely as root, raising fears that it is not as security-consious. (Not the case anymore since 4.x).
- Still an early-phase software Operating System. (Not the case anymore since 4.x).
- Involved with lawsuits in defense from Microsoft. Lindows agreeing to change name.
System Requirements for version 3.0
- PC with 500 MHz or higher processor
- 128 MB of RAM or higher
- Hard drive (around one gigabyte minimum)
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution and monitor (3-D graphics accelerator card for some games, screen savers, etc.)
- CD-ROM or DVD drive, Keyboard & Mouse
- eWeek.com – Lindows: Low-Cost Linux for the Masses
- Extremetech.com – Review: Lindows 2.0 Dissected and Lindows 3.0 More Stable
- Meetthegeeks.org – Review
- OSNews.com – (Yet another) LindowsOS 3.0 Review
TakeDown.NET -> “Lindows”