See also: E-Mail Clients | Mozilla | Thunderbird
Currently bundled with the Mozilla browser, Mozilla Mail and News is an open source e-mail reader like Eudora or Outlook.
Some features of one of the best e-mail readers available, free or commercial:
- Is robust, stable, and powerful.
- Is the only free e-mail reader with free Spam protection tools.
- HTML e-mail writing
- It allows for multiple POP and IMAP e-mail accounts
- Palm Sync (Windows only)
- Available for Windows, Macintosh OS 9 and OS X, Linux, BeOS, <code>*</code>NIX and more
- S/MIME and SSL capability for encrypting your mail — PGP support available with Enigmail (free), may be standard by version 1.5
- SpellChecker available as a Plugin.
- Colored labels
… and more.
- Best of all (and undocumented in the above feature link), Mozilla will not leave a lot of traces of itself on your registry should you decide to uninstall it like many programs.
A quick Getting Started Guide
Mozilla Mail is a great tool … and it’s going places
Mozilla 1.6 by default will download ALL messages and remove them from their server! If you want messages to remain on the server, be sure to click “View Settings for this Account” after account creation, click “Server Settings” in the left box and check “Leave Messages on Server”.
- Thunderbird – the stand-alone version of Mozilla Mail/News
TakeDown.NET -> “Mozilla-Mail/News”