See also: BSD | BSD Distributions
Home Page: http://www.openbsd.org
A UNIX-like server operating system known for its focus on security.
- From the homepage:
- “The OpenBSD project produces a Free, multi-platform 4.4 BSD-based operating system. Our efforts emphasize portability, standardization, correctness, proactive security and integrated cryptography.”
- “Absolute OpenBSD”: UNIX for the Practical Paranoid — a book from by Michael W. Lucas. Has free downloadable materials.
- Other recommended books from Ohio State
Related news / sites
- Open Directory Project – OpenBSD, Security
- OpenBSD Journal: A resource for the OpenBSD community
- Slate Article on buffer overflow-protection (hack-proofing) being added to OpenBSD
TakeDown.NET -> “OpenBSD”