This list is not exhaustive.
Please also see The Halls Of The Dead for other clients and projects which have gone quiet.
- 1 OpenNap clients, cross-platform
- 2 OpenNap clients, cross-platform, Java
- 3 OpenNap clients, *nix
- 4 OpenNap clients, Mac-only
- 5 OpenNap clients, Windows-only
- 6 OpenNap clients, other
- TekNap – textmode client
- nap – textmode client
- iNapster – A standalone perl napster client which provides a web interface.
- WebNap | Sourceforge page – WebNap is a PHP Napster client that allows you to search and download songs from a Napster/OpenNap/MyNapster or compatible servers using a web-browser.
- XNap – XNap is a pure java file sharing client licensed under the GNU Public License. It provides a modern Swing based user interface and console support that will run nicely on every platform with a recent JRE or JDK (1.3 or higher)
- Lopster – A multi-source client with all the expected functions. Check out the cvs tarball. Might go cross-platform.
- 2get – client for Mac OS Classic / Mac OS X.
- AudioGnome – A fine client written in VB, with lots of powerful features, especially for searching multiple servers.
- WinMX – An infamous client now in frequent use. Many OpenNap servers have been forced to ban this client because of undesired actions (hammering servers with search requests, logging ghosts on multiple servers on the same network, terrible queuing practices, etc).
- Napster Fast Search – NFS is a searching-only client that allows you to search multiple OpenNap servers at once. It also features broken-download resuming. Written in VB. [Warning: The webpage is extremely ugly — rack]
- NapAmp | Sourceforge page – a GPLed Winamp (and perhaps XMMS) search-only plugin.
- Napster/2 – (OS/2) A basic command-line client.
- Warpster – (OS/2) From the people that brought you Napster/2 comes the GUI version.
- Amster – (Amiga)
- PhAster – (QNX6)
TakeDown.NET -> “OpenNap-Clients”