- Tim Berners-Lee – Semantic Web
- Ian Clarke – Freenet
- Justin Frankel – Gnutella, Shoutcast, Winamp
- Jessica Litman – Digital Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Richard Stallman – GNU and Free Software
- Linus Torvalds – Linux creator
- Charles Babbage – developed the idea of computational machines
- Douglas C. Engelbart – Inventor of graphical user interface, hypertext, and networked computers
- Ada Lovelace – worked with Babbage, and is considered the first programmer
- J. C. R. Licklider – Early computer and network advocate
- Benoit Mandelbrot is the pioneer of the science into chaos
- Claude Shannon – father of information theory
- Immanuel Kant – philosophy, ethics and science pioneer
- IBM – Standardization of the x86 platform, etc.
- Microsoft – MS-DOS | Windows – Because of a barebones business model where features were built based on demand, software of vastly greater user-functionality than previous peers became more commonly seen.
TakeDown.NET -> “Pioneers”