See also: Anti
How to speak out against legal action 12-year-olds for huge purses that do not go to artists:
Safeguard your computer
- See RIAA/Safeguard
Leverage your buying power
- Purchase music only from non-RIAA member labels
- A search tool for non RIAA files.
- Purchase music from bands or record labels which encourage exchange and use of their works.
- Do not use an Internet Service Provider that is a member in the RIAA such as AOL/TimeWarner and its “RoadRunner” service. Instead, use a service such as SBC and Verizon who have both taken the RIAA to court to protect their customers. (that includes AIM)
- “We respect reasonable copyright law, but we strongly oppose copyright enforcement that comes at the expense of privacy, due process and fair application of the law.”
- Suit dropped against 66 year old – RIAA may be using faulty detection methods?
- RIAA Sues movie, music industry – Attacking the dragnet’s methods.
- Canada’s RIAA goes after healthcare – Music Biz Getting Desperate
- Sour Notes from the Music Biz
- CNN article – who they’re suing.
- Reaction: Artists Blast RIAA and UK and Australia unlikely to sue
- Anti-RIAA rallies
- Courtney Love‘s surprisingly coherant anti-RIAA arguement. (Salon.com, June 14, 2000)
- Anti-RIAA Clothing
- Copyright infringement is not a criminal offense
- “There has grown up in the minds of certain groups in this country the notion that because a man or a corporation has made a profit out of the public for a number of years, the government and the courts are charged with the duty of guaranteeing such profit in the future, even in the face of changing circumstances and contrary public interest. This strange doctrine is not supported by statute nor common law. Neither individuals nor corporations have any right to come into court and ask that the clock of history be stopped, or turned back, for their private benefit.” – Robert Heinlein (source)
Bands or record labels which encourage exchange and use of their works:
TakeDown.NET -> “RIAA/Boycott”