Acronym: Recording Industry Association of America
- Ongoing legal campaigns against file sharing software developers and users.
- Developing numerous impediments for those involved in piracy.
- Proposing legislation authorizing the use of attacks over networks against File Sharing systems.
- Paying radio stations to prevent them from playing independant music.
The global recorded music industry has attained revenues totally more than $32 billion dollars. The RIAA has affiliated organizations all around the world including the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) and the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA).
- “We’re trying to send a strong message that you are not anonymous when you participate in peer-to-peer file sharing and that the illegal distribution of copyrighted music has consequences,” said Mitch Bainwol, RIAA chairman and chief executive officer.
See also: Boycott the RIAA
TakeDown.NET -> “RIAA”