See also: E-mail Clients
Home Page: http://sylpheed.good-day.net
Sylpheed is an excellent GTK email client. For those who want power but don’t feel like learning the (complex) keystrokes of Mutt, this is for you.
From the homepage:
- Sylpheed is an e-mail client and news reader based on GTK+ and running on X Window System.
- Sylpheed is developed aiming for the following things:
- * Quick response
- * Graceful, and sophisticated interface
- * Easy configuration, intuitive operation
- * Abundant features
- The appearance and interface are similar to some popular e-mail clients for Windows, such as Outlook Express, Becky!, and Datula. The interface is also designed to emulate the mailers on Emacsen, and almost all commands are accessible with the keyboard.
- The messages are managed by MH format, and you’ll be able to use it together with another mailer based on MH format (like Mew). You can also utilize fetchmail or/and procmail, and external programs on receiving (like inc or imget).
- Sylpheed-Claws | Sourceforge Page – Sylpheed-Claws is the bleeding-edge branch of Sylpheed. Please ignore their slogan “it bites!”, this is in fact an excellent program with some extra features Sylpheed does not (yet?) have.
TakeDown.NET -> “Sylpheed”