- 1 TTA – Free lossless audio codec
- 2 TTA Compressor
- 3 The Project
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
- 6 License
TTA – Free lossless audio codec
TTA (True Audio) lossless audio codec is a free, simple real-time lossless audio encoder/decoder, based on adaptive prognostic filters which has shown the same or the better results comparing to majority of modern analogs.
- Down to 30% lossless audio data compression
- Real-time encoding/decoding algorithm
- Fast operation speed and minimal system requirements
- Can be compiled and executed on several different platforms
- Free and open source code and documentation
- Hardware support
TTA performs lossless compression on multichannel 8,16 and 24 bit data of the Wav audio files. Being “lossless” means that no data/quality is lost in the compression – when uncompressed, the data will be identical to the original. The compression ratios of TTA depend on the type of music file being compressed, but the compression size will generally range between 30% – 70% of the original. TTA format supports both of ID3v1 and ID3v2 information tags.
Using True Audio codec you can store up to 20 audio CD from your music collection on one single DVD-R for playback, keeping all of CD information in a popular ID3 information tags.
The TTA project provides:
- Free and simple data format
- Plugins for the most popular media players
- TTA DirectShow filters
- Tau Producer – GUI based compressor for Windows
- Set of the C/C++ TTA development libraries
- True Audio Software Project
- Compression theory
- TTA format description
- True Audio codec comparison
- Hardware Support
- Tau Producer (GUI-based TTA compressor for Windows)
- Tau Producer Screen Shoots
- Project @ Corecodec.Org
- Project @ Sourceforge.Net
The source of this work you can found at: www.true-audio.com. All of the TTA project documentation are freely available and distributed under Free Documentation License. All source code and binaries of the TTA lossless audio codec are distributed under Open-Source licenses. You may redistribute it freely as long as you do not charge for it. Please contact us if you would like to redistribute it under different terms.
TakeDown.NET -> “TTA”